Account Manager – Microscopy
- Life & Material Science Markets - Academia and Biotechnology
- East Anglia
- £35k-£45k basic +£53k OTE (Uncapped), Company Car, BUPA Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Phone, Laptop, Pension, 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- A market leading organisation within Microscopy and Microscopes.
- Cutting edge products and incredible training and development of employees.
- Fantastic career opportunity.
- Uncapped OTE in a growing market.
- The main element of the role is to sell the portfolio of widefield, confocal, electron & X-ray microscopes along with the associated software & cameras that are needed.
- Selling into Life & Material Science markets - Mainly to academia 60%-70% with some exposure to pharma/biotech companies & also materials industry (R&D - e.g. semi-conductors).
- Liaising with and selling to lab managers, principle investigators, biomedical scientists, directors etc.
- 50/50 NB/Account Management.
- Products cost from £50k - £2million (Av deal is approx. £400k-£500k).
- Sales cycle 18 months - 2 years. Will have the support of pre-sales/product sales support specialists.
- Area covers: Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge & Essex.
The Ideal Person:
- An exciting opportunity for candidates with life sciences/ physical science degree/PHD to get into a commercial role.
- If you have a science related degree with some sales experience outside of the industry, then please apply.
- You will need to come with a good scientific education and life sciences degree to hold gravitas.
- You will ideally have sold scientific equipment preferably capital equipment into academia/pharma but not a prerequisite.
- If you have knowledge and experience around Microscopy, then fantastic.
- Need relationship building and sales/account management needs someone that understands big ticket sales and is not afraid of numbers.
- Energetic, enthusiastic.
- Commercially oriented.
- Technical savvy.
- Can communicate in a technical capacity with an academic.
Consultant: David Gray
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.