Area Sales Manager – UPS - £45k OTE
- 3-phase UPS systems from 30kVa up to multi mega-watt size
- End users, Consultants, Contractors for applications within banking and finance, data centre, commercial office, education and healthcare sectors
- South East
- £40k, £45k OTE, company car/car allowance, pension, healthcare, life insurance, home office equipment
- Global manufacturing leader - the company’s brand often opens doors and allows easier access to clients
- The organisation has market leading technology. Their UPS systems are the most energy efficient in the marketplace
- The scale of the business means there are excellent development and progression opportunities
- The company is the first choice for a number of blue-chip companies - very well regarded
- Area sales role, focusing on the sales of 3-phase UPS systems from 30kVa up to multi mega-watt size solutions, plus selling related ancillary equipment including precision cooling/rack systems/emergency lighting
- The successful post holder will be targeting banking and finance institutions, data centres, commercial offices, hospitals and universities
- The route-to-market includes dealing with end users electrical contractors and consultants in equal measure, however, the company’s preferred strategy involves getting buy-in with the end users early to ensure products are specified into to contractor/consultant clients
- Target for the Area will be £1.2m, with an average order value for small/medium size projects at £40/50k-100k. There are usually small number of large projects per year that can net £200-500k each, so 2 or 3 of these a year can go a long way to achieving target
- Although there is an internal Tele-marketing team, this person will be expected to be involved in pro-active lead generation and hunting out new business opportunities, as well as managing the existing account they will be given upon commencement of employment
- Covering the West Midlands/South West/Wales
The Ideal Person:
- The ideal match will be a 'ready-made' UPS sales professional, who has several years experience selling this equipment to the End User/Contractor/Consultant sales triangle
- The company will also consider people from an LV Switchgear background as this represents a relatively easy knowledge transfer. The minimum requirement is that candidates will have at least 3 years in UPS/Switchgear sales
- The successful candidate will be required to represent the company as a "trusted advisor", meaning they should be able to talk on a technical level to the people they are selling to. As a result, it is required that candidates hold a relevant engineering qualification at HNC/HND/Degree level or come from an apprenticeship background
- Candidates need to be pro-active, entrepreneurial and willing to seek out opportunities
- Additionally, they do not want candidates who required a lot of mentoring - this is a role for someone who is a self starter and has a high degree of resilience and enthusiasm for the role
- Individuals must have a solutions sales approach
Consultant: Yasmine Shaban
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Bathrooms, Building Materials, Building Services, Coatings, Repairs and Treatments, Heating and Plumbing, Interiors, Electrical, Kitchens, Plant and Equipment, Roofing and Drainage.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Power Generation and Transmission, Services.
The Medical sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, and Cardiac.
The Business Solutions sector includes: Business Finance, Business Information, Office Equipment, Office Supplies, Professional Services, and Rental Services.