Head of Manufacturing – Medical Devices
- Anaesthetic, Gastroenterology, Urology, Surgical Suction & Laparoscopy
- Internal stakeholders
- East Midlands
- £50k-£60k basic salary (DOE), £500 per month car allowance + other benefits
- UK Manufacturer.
- Very exciting time to be joining the business.
- Established for over 60 years.
- Our client is a UK Manufacture of medical devices used in Anaesthetic, Gastroenterology, Urology, Surgical Suction & Laparoscopy.
- Lead the manufacturing function (Extrusion & Consumables Department - Clean Room) within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- The Extrusion Dept has 1 x Extrusion Manager + 14 people/Consumables Dept - 1 x Senior Supervisor + 3 Supervisors (Morning/Afternoon/Night), Team Leaders + 55 operatives.
- Working hours are Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-3pm but the site operates 24 hours.
- Responsible for daily operations in extrusion, injection moulding, manufacturing assembly, conversion and packaging activities.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures, including efficient equipment utilisation to ensure that target productivity levels are achieved daily.
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
- Collaborates with Engineering and Maintenance Manager to reduce line downtime, drive continuous improvement in SMED and OEE, while supporting TMP initiatives.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, delivers best practice results and continuous improvements.
The Ideal Person:
- Relevant degree qualification in an engineering discipline (or equivalent experience in manufacturing).
- IOSH/NEBOSH certificate/diploma.
- MBA advantageous.
- 5+ years site level experience directly overseeing manufacturing.
- Experience in highly regulated industries, such as medical devices or food manufacturing.
- Understanding of ISO 13485.
- Experienced in manufacturing methods and tolerances.
- Proven experience in Lean manufacturing, including Kaizen, TPM and SMED.
- Experience conducting risk assessments.
- Experience leading large production teams.
- Demonstrated change management experience.
- Technically astute and numerate.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can do attitude.
Consultant: David Gray
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.