Senior Sales Engineer - Mechanical Components - £35k-£48k
- Mechanical Components
- End users – Automotive, Automotive supply chain, Plastics, Offshore, Alternative fuels
- North East, Scotland
- £35k-£48k + £5k-£15k OTE, Mercedes company car, contributory pension scheme, family healthcare, 25 days holiday + statutory days,
- Market leaders in their field
- Highly technical / solutions sales approach
- Long standing relationships with key OEM’s across the UK and internationally
- UK manufacturing facilities
- Continuous investment in R&D
- Selling mechanical components for process and electronic applications.
- Selling to End Users 75% and OEMs 25%
- Customers in the Automotive, Automotive supply chain, plastics, offshore and alternative fuel sectors.
- One key OEM account in the automotive sector to T/O £500k next year.
- Selling to Maintenance Engineers, Designers, and Procurement.
- Typical average order is £5k-£10k but can range from £100 - £1m.
- Project business can have a lead time of up to 5 years.
- Area target is £750k.
- 70% existing business. It is expected that you will spend 30% of your time prospecting. This can be within existing accounts.
- Lead time can be as short as 6 weeks and as long as 6 years.
- Territory Covers the NE, DH, SR postcodes in the North East and Scotland. It is expected you will spend 1-2 weeks per month.
- This is a consultative sell where it is vital you gain a full understanding of the specific needs of your client and their manufacturing processes.
The Ideal Person:
- Experienced - 5+ years in a field sales role.
- Strong solutions sales experience in Mech Eng.
- Degree or higher qualification is preferred.
Consultant: Guy Marshall
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.