Technical Support Engineer
- Process Instrumentation
- OEMs, System Integrators, Distribution and manufacturing Sector
- South East
- £25k-£30k + Pension + Benefits
- The company is a well known manufacturer of process instrumentation and an industry leader.
- They offer fantastic career progression opportunities and are a European manufacturer.
- Great opportunity to join as a Technical Support Engineer.
- Full manufacturer training is provided, on state of the art engineering products.
- Rare opportunity to join a market leader in the engineering sector.
- Office based role in East Sussex working 9am – 17.00pm Monday – Friday.
- As the Technical Support Engineer, you will be tasked with providing technical support to internal colleagues and external customers.
- You will be given full training on the product portfolio.
- Working closely with the Sales, Projects and Service departments.
- Researching and answering technical questions from customers and colleagues by telephone, e-mail and in type written documents, in a timely fashion.
- Involvement in the provision of technical training for customers and colleagues.
The Ideal Person:
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering or science qualification to a further education level, with a desire to learn new subjects and the ability to discuss technical matters confidently with others. Other technical backgrounds may be considered.
- Backgrounds in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or instrumentation would be considered.
- It is important that the candidate understands the sales process and has good communication skills with customers by telephone, e-mail and letter. Also, clear co-operation with colleagues in an office environment and remotely by telephone and video conference is essential.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, able to work in a team as well as independently, using their own initiative.
- Sound organizational skills, with a methodical approach to handling enquiries in a wide variety of formats, are essential.
- Computer skills, with a good knowledge of standard Microsoft programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, should be a given.
Consultant: Darren Wrigley
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.